RSS is an easy way for you to keep updated automatically on Web sites you like. Instead of checking your favorite Web sites to see if they've written a new article or feature, you can use RSS (which stands for Really Simple Syndication) to get them to tell you every time they have something new.
www.myhorrynews.com now offers RSS feeds (or channels) for most of its sections.
All you have to do is choose which RSS feeds you want, for instance an RSS feed of all the latest local news from www.myhorrynews.com.
NEWS READERSWindows Mac OS X Web
Different News Readers work on different operating systems, so you will need to take this into account when you make your choice.
You then need to follow the instructions for your particular News Reader in order to add this XML feed to your RSS list.
However, generally speaking, you copy or enter the URL(page address) of the RSS feed page into your news reader. For example, if you clicked on "Local News " it will open the XML feed in a new window.
- Copy the URL found in the browser's location bar.
- Paste the URL into your News Reader to add it to your list.
Below are the sections available for syndication:
- Advertise With Us
- Covid-19 Coverage
- Carolina Forest Chronicle e-Edition
- Horry County Health & Wellness e-edition
- Loris Scene e-Edition
- Myrtle Beach Herald e-Edition
- North Strand News e-Edition
- The Business Journal e-Edition
- The Horry Independent e-Edition
- Horry News Shopper e-Edition
- Visit e-Edition
- Harvesting History
- Local Events
- Place An Ad
- Readers Choice
- Shop Local
- Special Publications
- Stephen Test