Koyote Saloon closed

Koyote Saloon was shut down by Horry County officials on Friday, less than 24 hours after a fatal shooting there.

A man charged following a shootout at a Myrtle Beach area bar that left a man dead pleaded guilty to multiple charges on Thursday.

Shawn Quay Tisdale pleaded guilty to counts of pointing and presenting a firearm at a person and unlawfully carrying a pistol, said Tonya Root, spokeswoman for the 15th Circuit Solicitor’s Office.

Those charges stemmed from an incident on May 25, 2018, at Koyote Saloon on U.S. 501. The bar’s business license was revoked shortly after the shooting.

Tisdale had initially been charged with murder.

Root said an altercation in the bar spilled outside and shifted to a gunfight with multiple shooters and multiple firearms.

The person killed, 26-year-old Reginald Washington, suffered a through-and-through gunshot wound, Root said.

Prosecutors have no forensic evidence that indicates who fired the deadly shot.

Multiple witnesses at the scene were not cooperative, Root said.

Tisdale on Thursday also pleaded guilty to two counts in relation to an incident at an Horry County home in 2017.

In that case, Tisdale was one of multiple suspects charged with entering a home where personal property was taken, Root said.

Tisdale appeared before Circuit Judge Steven John from J. Reuben Long Detention Center through a video conference call. Tisdale’s attorney was present at the Horry County courthouse during Thursday’s hearing.

John sentenced Tisdale to five years in prison for the weapon charges stemming from the 2018 case and 10 years in prison for the other two counts. The sentences will run concurrently.

Police also charged Joey Lee Henry and Gary Lee Jackson each with multiple charges in relation to the Koyote Saloon case.

Those charges remain pending.

The shooting happened just before 3 a.m., according to a police report.

When officers arrived, they found shell casings and vehicles damage by gunfire in the parking lot.

Police also received a call from Grand Strand Medical Center about a shooting victim who had been taken there in a personal vehicle.

That person, Washington, was pronounced dead at the hospital.

A police report listed Conway as Washington’s address, but authorities said he was originally from the New York area.

Authorities previously said his family did not provide his most recent address.

A second man was also injured in the shootout.

That person, a 26-year-old from Myrtle Beach, had been dropped off at a South Strand medical facility, according to the police report. That report said that man needed surgery.

0
0
0
0
0

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.