Search warrants were executed at three Carolina Forest area residences as part of a multi-agency drug sweep led by the Myrtle Beach Police Department, according to an agency spokesman.
As a result of the sweep, police executed seven search warrants at a total of five addresses, resulting in at least six arrests. Bond has been denied for everyone charged, and more arrests are possible. In the Carolina Forest area, residences searched included apartments on Halyard Way in Forestbrook, Jesse Street in the Claypond Road area, and Marshfield Circle off U.S. 501.
A fourth residence in Socastee was searched. The fifth address was in the 6800 block of North Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.
As a result of the search warrants, police seized 90 grams of crack cocaine, about 201 grams of marijuana, 10 Schedule II pills, about 60 grams of cocaine nearly 1,000 grams of heroin, eight guns and $76,000 in cash, said Myrtle Beach police Lt. Joey Crosby.
Arrest warrants and police reports filed in relation to the arrests were not available as of press time.
“In early September of 2015, officers began an investigation into a drug trafficking organization identified as the 24/7 Boyz,” Crosby said.
“The investigation revealed that this organization has plagued the Grand Strand area with drug activity. Information collected in this investigation allowed officers to obtain seven search warrants and numerous arrest warrants,” Crosby continued.
Here’s a list of the people who were arrested along with their charges:
• Ivan Chatman, 24, of Buffalo, N.Y. | Possession of heroin with intent to distribute, second offense; possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, second offense; possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine, second offense; distribution of a scheduled drug, second offense; criminal conspiracy; and sale or delivery of pistol.
• Joseph White, 31, of Myrtle Beach | Criminal conspiracy; manufacture, possession of scheduled drug, third or subsequent offense; distribution of cocaine, third or subsequent offense; trafficking in heroin, 28 grams or more; trafficking in cocaine, 28 grams or more but less than 100 grams, third or subsequent offense; possession, two counts of manufacture and trafficking of methamphetamine and cocaine base; and sale or delivery of pistol.
• Calvin Williams, Jr., 24, of Buffalo, N.Y. | distribution of LSD and cocaine, second or subsequent offense; criminal conspiracy; and distribution of scheduled drug, second offense.
• Devinee Boyle, 19, of Myrtle Beach | Criminal conspiracy; manufacture, possession in scheduled drug with intent to distribute, first offense.
• Kristin Milby, 27, of Myrtle Beach | Criminal conspiracy; manufacture, possession in scheduled drug with intent to distribute, first offense.
• Lamont Thompson, 20, of Myrtle Beach | Criminal conspiracy; manufacture, possession in scheduled drug with intent to distribute, first offense.