I'm the editor of the Horry Independent, a weekly newspaper in Conway, South Carolina. I cover city hall and courts, among many other subjects. Know of a good story? Call me at 843-488-7241.
As featured on
- Proposal could alter old Myrtle Beach
- Back and forth about the Grande Dunes bridge
- North Myrtle Beach could expand paid parking, offer county resident parking permits
- Horry County’s former head of information security stole $350K worth of county IT equipment; now he awaits his sentence
- Plans for Conway area tap house clear zoning hurdle
- KES educator honored for the second time as Teacher of the Year
- Tornado damages cars at Loris High School
- Months after DUI charge, Holly Heniford opens up about past trauma and getting help
- Cosmetology, band programs may see help from school district
- UPDATE: Teen who escaped from juvenile detention facility in custody
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Four members of the Horry County delegaton to the S.C. General Assembly have co-sponored House Bill 4745 that would allow Horry County to impose a countywide hospitaly fee and use it to help fund I-73. Representatives Alan Clemmons, Russell Fry, Heather Crawford and Tim McGinnis are the bill’s sponsors. Presently, Horry County and several municipalities are fighting over how the hospitality tax can be collected and how it can be spent. Do you support H-47445? Choices are: